Friday, May 16, 2008

It has Begun!

After repeated comments from friends, I'm starting a blog. I think I'm doing this moreso to have a journal that I actually might keep up on instead of doing it because of pressure to not be the only one without a blog.

What would actually be fun would be to write a good chunk of my entries in russian so that I could keep up my practice of the language and learn to better type in it. Since this is my blog and I can do with it what I want and I may just do that from time to time. Most likely I will add words and phrases in russian (with explanations/translations) since they are simpler and I get the meaning of what I wanted to say anyways without going through a painstaking hour or more of pecking out russian characters. We'll see.

I will finally be able to post pictures and make comments on all the little things I notice day to day that I never seem to get to write down. I think I will enjoy this more than I had originally thought. Heck, I've written this much without even thinking and I don't even feel like I've gotten started. I think this is a good sign.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Oh Bud, I'm so glad you're writing. It's nice to hear your voice.

Annette said...

Yeah Buddy!! I would check your blog everyday... even if was ALL in Russian and I couldn't read a word of it. It just makes me feel closer to you. Blog on!