Saturday, May 24, 2008

In the Flow of Things

It has been quite a while since I've been able to find an enjoyable game that I can run through again after CoD4 was seeming to drag on night after night. I must confess that it was still fun to play CoD with the Salem crowd but after a couple prestiges and feeling like I was really accomplishing anything I just wanted some change.


So finally I have a couple games that I am running through right now. One of those oddly is CoD4 but for the PC (a little backwards huh?). This is mainly because I enjoy the control a ton better and can play with my hometown friends. A different game I have been playing since day one of its release is Team Fortress 2. This game is just a blast simply because of the classes that you can choose from and the fact that it relies on team based play while allowing for you as an individual to still make a difference, even if your team sucks, so that you don't get absolutely wrecked. But the main reason why I am posting is because of a newer game for me, yet is actually 2 years old, that I am simply immersed in called Titan's Quest: Immortal Throne. To me it is like the spiritual successor to Diablo 2 which my friends and I have put countless hours into. The leveling system with skills and attributes that you attain as you move up really keep you playing around to find the best setup for your character so that you don't get owned by hordes of mobs and godlike bosses. Like most action RPG games there are items that drop as you take out enemies and that also is a driving force to keep playing but I think the powers that you are imbued with as time goes on is the real factor that keeps you re-playing the game and perhaps even starting new characters.


For most this seems absolutely ridiculous and an outright waste but I can assure you that it is the same as playing a board game with friends or simply hanging out and watching a movie. The only difference is that you don't get to be with your friends in person but at least you can talk to you them as if they were right next to you thanks to an online communication program called Ventrilo. Now I know that for many this makes absolutely no difference to them and that playing video games is for children and that is all there is to it but some people decide to get their social interraction in different ways then others.


It seems I got a little sidetracked but nonetheless this is how I have been and will be spending my time when I am free and don't have other activities occupying my time (sports, church, school).


To finish off this post I want to add a picture that I have loved since day one when I came across it in Ukraine. This was soviet propaganda that was thrown out there since people were drinking too much and not getting enough work done on the job. It is simply priceless to see since it was an official poster from the CCCP (USSR).

Isn't it great! (HET is pronounced Nyet, meaning NO!) What I don't get is what is with that white stuff on the table, the straw, and scraper in his left hand...I must have found a picture that has been tampered with since that is not on the official poster.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I'm pretty sure those things are drugs in the poster. Interesting how they doctored it up, ay?

You don't have to justify anything to me. I love ya just the way you are: game fanatic and all.

Annette said...

That poster is pretty interesting... I liked reading your post and seeing what you are doing lately! Keep them coming!