Saturday, June 21, 2008

Новости (News)

Since I don't have a lot that I feel like putting on here for my journal that I would love everyone to read I decided to take some pics of some recent stuff that I bought or did (plus a shot with me actually in it...cause people are more interesting than just scenery).

Pardon the quality since I don't have a digital camera except for the one that is integrated into my phone. It is a 2 Megapixel camera so you can't expect much but they do the job just fine I think.

Here is a picture of the new shoes I bought since I nastified the shoes I have been wearing for the past year and a half for almost everything (darn freshly mowed wet grass + ultimate frisbee = nastified). I tried them on and after like 5 seconds I was like "yeah, I'm getting these." They only cost me $40 which is not bad considering I am used to paying much more for high quality shoes. I'm still looking for another pair of shoes that I can wear casually but for now these will do until I find the pair I'm looking for. Kohls, by the way, is where I bought them and I would recommend that store to anyone since that is also where I caught my jacket from for only $60, what a steal.

These are the clippers I got for any hair trimming needs. I could never really trim my sideburns so I thought that I would get these since they cover all the aspects of cutting hair. This Wahl brand is supposed to very high quality and I played around with them today and they seem very nice. The only problem is that all the stuff that comes with it (guide combs and brushes etc.) just sit in there with nothing holding them in place so it can bounce around if you were to shake it or turn it upside down. Overall it does its job and will hopefully last.

There you go, a picture with me actually in it. I had to throw some kind of sign just for kicks :)

This last picture is more for me since I washed my car this past saturday I believe. The rims were absolutely disgusting so I did my annual washing of my car so it would look presentable again. As you can tell the driveway is still soaked from all the water I used, so no it didn't rain.

As for the volleyball thing that went from Tuesday night to Wednesday night, it was enjoyable but long and draining. Being able to stay at Nate and Kari's place was fun and comfortable but the whole experience was more of a learning experience than anything else. Let's just say it is pretty obvious that when you are on a double date and you can hardly get your date to directly talk to you that you should just call it good and say that it wasn't судьа (fate/destiny) that you both met. Her sister on the other hand is a whole different story but that could be mucked up now as well. I will just leave it at that.

Oh, thanks for letting me stay at your guys' place (Nate & Kari) and for the food and shopping around. I really did sleep better than you think (like a log actually). Hopefully Audrey will stop saying "No Derek" now that I've left since I apparently wore out my welcome within the first day, ugg. I seriously cannot read that girl sometimes. One moment she is playing around with me and the next she wants to hit me or shove me away when I swear I haven't done anything wrong, oh well. At least she acts like she likes me half of the time :). Oh the fun. Less than two weeks I believe until the Net Net arrives!! Woo!

3 comments:

Annette said...

Yes! I am coming in less than two weeks... and I'm bringing my Beefcake baby too. :)

I like the shoes. I felt the same way about my running shoes when I first tried them on. "Ooo, these feel nice, I've got to get 'em!"

Kari said...

You're never a bother. I'm afraid we're just boring here! I'm glad you survived. Don't worry or stress. Things will all work out. You'd be surprised. It was nice to see your picture perspective on things. Are you coming this week?

Kari said...

Oh yeah, and check out the new site...